Friday 30 May 2014

On the blog today: Urban Decay



Urban Decay, they never fail to impress me. Of all their products I have tried, I have been disappointed by none of them. I am a huge fan of the Naked Palette series, in fact they are pretty much the only palettes I have been using as of late. So I was super excited when, taking a browse through Selfridges recently, the Urban Decay representative asked if I could pretend I was shopping at their counter while a photographer took some shots of me. In return I would receive some freebies! If you haven't visited the newly arranged Selfridges Birmingham Bullring store, you won't be disappointed. The beauty floor is pretty much make-up heaven. I was asked to pose in some staged photos to show their new product display and how the customer would interact with them. That aside, I was delighted with these cute mini's that I received, for all of less than 5 minutes of hard, strenuous posing.

B6 Spray Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray £21.50 
Urban Decay's answer to MAC's Fix Plus spray. B6 can be used before or after make up application, or can be used at night as part of your cleansing routine. Urban Decay claims that B6 is the first planted, stabilised form of topical B6. It claims to minimise pores, absorb oil and reduce redness. This is designed to be a drink for your skin, spray it on and your skin will soak it up.
I have used face sprays in the past and really enjoyed using them, I have used Lush Tea Tree Water and Avene Thermal Water as part of my daily routine in the past. So I welcome a new face spray in my life.
On first spray I notice as well as being cooling and refreshing, once dry my skin feels very soft. With a subtle, pleasant smell. It isn't a staple part of my routine yet, but I will definately continue with it and report back.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion £16
Primer Potion was once a permanent member of my make-up routine. After forgetting to re-purchase as usual, I must admit I fell into a routine as using concealer as my eyeshadow primer. After trying Primer Potion again, I can see why it is such a cult product. Once on your lids, when you apply your eyeshadow you will instantly see a difference. Eyeshadow applies bolder and smoother than ever. It will be crease free and won't budge all day long. I am most happy that they changed the packaging. The old packaging was leaving large amounts of product at the bottom that the doe foot applicator could not reach. The new, squeezy tube packaging ensures you are getting maximum use from your product.

Supercurl Curling Mascara £15
Of the three products I tried in this post, the Supercurl Curling Mascara is by far the winner. I have been dissapointed with my current mascara's for a while. As my eyelashes are naturally very straight, it takes work to get them curled, then make them stay put. Everything about this mascara is perfect, from the brush to the formula, it gave me thick and curled lashes. This is definately on my 'to purchase' list. Urban Decay claim that this product is: "packed with glycoprotein for lash thickening, moringa seeds to help with curl definition, and meadow foam seed oil and shea butter for conditioning and smoothing." They are definately correct, the brush grabs every one of your lashes and pulls it into a desirable curl. I am super impressed with this one. 

Do you like Urban Decay, do you have any recommendations for me to try?


No comments:

Post a Comment